5.01.2013

Simple Salsa

     Cinco de Mayo is right around the corner and if you know me well, you know that salsa is one of my favorite things to eat.  I love it paired with tortilla chips, on top of an omelet or even all by itself (yes, I have been known to eat it by the spoonful straight from the bowl).  There are endless possibilities and variations when it comes to making salsa.  I like my salsa smooth (chunky salsa, no thank you), garlicky, savory, WITHOUT cilantro (hate it!) and with a little heat.  My stepmom (a fellow salsa lover) has perfected a salsa recipe that tastes just like the salsa that is served at my favorite Mexican restaurant, El Molcajete here in Buford.  It is a very simple recipe and so easy to make!  In addition to tasting so yummy, it is fat-free, very low-calorie, and the garlic and tomatoes are super good for you.  I encourage you to try it at your next party or get-together.  It is sure to be a hit!

Only four ingredients!
Into a food processor (or blender if you don't have a food processor) put entire can of whole tomatoes, three whole jalapenos, 1-2 Tablespoons of jalapeno juice from the can (do not leave this out!), 3 small or 2 large gloves of crushed garlic (I use a garlic press) and approximately 1 Tablespoon salt (start with less, add more if needed).
Process until smooth and there are no large chunks of jalapeno.
Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I am so trying this recipe!! It looks delicioso! Salsa is my favorite condiment ever!

    ReplyDelete